This podcast was originally published by The Oncology Nursing Society here.
ONS member and 2019 Congress Presenter John Hillson, RN, BSN, BA, OCN®, clinical nurse at Duke Radiation Oncology in Durham, NC, joins Chris Pirschel, ONS staff writer, to discuss managing radiation side effects for patients with head and neck cancers, helping patients navigate the complexities of radiation therapy, and supporting patients throughout the cancer journey.
Check out these resources from today’s episode:
- Complete this evaluation for free nursing continuing professional development.
- Patient Comfort Is Key to Managing Radiation Side Effects
- Using Photography to Track Progress of Head and Neck Cancers
- Evidence-Based Radiation Side Effect Management—ONS Congress
- Manual for Radiation Oncology Nursing Practice and Education (Fourth Edition)
- Support for People With Oral and Head and Neck Cancer
- Your Cancer Game Plan