“National Cancer Survivors Day® is a CELEBRATION for those who have survived, an INSPIRATION for those recently diagnosed, a gathering of SUPPORT for families, and an OUTREACH to the community.” – National Cancer Survivors Day Foundation
Anyone living with a history of cancer—from the moment of diagnosis through the remainder of life—is a cancer survivor as defined by the National Cancer Survivors Day Foundation.
Each year on National Cancer Survivors Day®, people around the world unite to recognize cancer survivors, raise awareness of the ongoing challenges cancer survivors face, and – most importantly – celebrate life.
The 34th annual occasion will take place on June 6, 2021. To join the Patient Empowerment Network in honoring the event, we invite you to participate in any of the following ways:
Purchase a limited-edition EMPOWERED shirt
Available only from June 1-20, all proceeds will be used to improve treatment outcomes and health equity for cancer patients and care partners.
Join us on Twitter on June 11th for a National Cancer Survivors Day themed #PatientChat
Promote the event on your social media channels using the hashtag #NCSD2021 and join us for a #patientchat discussion titled “Are You an Empowered Survivor?”. Learn more here.
Read and share the following resources:
- Metastatic Breast Cancer Survivor: Taking Control of Your Quality of Life
- Facing Acute Myeloid Leukemia: Notes from a Survivor
- 5 Lessons Learned from an Ovarian Cancer Survivor
- Survivor or Surviving?: Deciphering the Words Used to Describe Cancer Patients
- Nourishing Your Body and Mind: Nutritional Advice For Cancer Survivors
- Cancer Survivors: Managing Emotions After Cancer Treatment
- Self-Care During Illness: Tips for Cancer Survivors
- Words of Advice from a Lung Cancer Survivor
Spread the Word
The National Cancer Survivors Day Foundation created these graphics to help show your support for National Cancer Survivors Day® or feel free to use one of our images below!