This podcast was originally published by Cornell Weill Cancer Cast, on March 22, 2019, here.
This podcast was originally by Five to Thrive on January 17, 2019, here.
Most people harbor some amount of fear about getting diagnosed with cancer. For those who are successfully treated for cancer to the point where they no longer have the disease, the fear of recurrence can be tremendous and significantly debilitating to one’s wellness. How can cancer survivors overcome this fear? Can cancer survivors live a fearless life after cancer? Let’s find out… This show is broadcast live on Tuesday’s at 7PM ET on W4CS – The Cancer Support Network (www.w4cs.com) part of Talk 4 Radio (http://www.talk4radio.com/) on the Talk 4 Media Network (http://www.talk4media.com/).
This podcast was originally published by the We Have Cancer show by on March 5, 2019, here.
In our first episode supporting 2019 Colon Cancer Awareness Month, Carole Motycka talks about how advocacy and faith has helped her far outlive her doctor’s initial prognosis.
During this interview we talked about:
- How a minor hiking accident led to her diagnosis of stage 4 colon cancer and Juvenile Polyposis Syndrome (JPS).
- Her doctors giving her a 6-11 month prognosis, three years ago.
- The treatment and support she received from the Cleveland Clinic.
- Why she needed a liver transplant after doctors finding No Evidence of Disease.
- How a liver donor was found and her relationship with this fellow church member.
- The role her faith played in her diagnosis, recovery and her life going forward.
Connect With Carole
This podcast was originally published by The Cancer Cast by Jennifer Levine here.
- Fertility preservation options for men and women with cancer.
Guest: Jennifer Levine, MD, pediatric hematologist-oncologist at Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Host: John Leonard, MD, world-renowned hematologist and medical oncologist at Weill Cornell Medicine and NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
This podcast was originally published by NPR’s Joy of Medicine here.