Panel Interview with Emma Shtivelman, PhD, Chief Scientist Cancer Commons, Mary Ellen Hand, RN, BSN, Nurse Coordinator Rush University Medical Center, and Stage 4 Lung Cancer Patient, Mary Williams.
Janet Freeman-Daily (@JFreemanDaily), patient advocate, metastatic lung cancer patient, and co-moderator of #LCSM chat hosts The Conversation about what patients and caregivers can do to get the right treatment and testing for lung cancer. The panel covers a wide variety of topics including the following:
- Information needed to make decisions about treatment options
- Molecular and genetic testing, and where to go to learn more about them
- Targeted therapies, clinical trials, and liquid biopsies
- Barriers to getting the right treatment at the right time
- Seeking second opinions
- What to ask your health care professionals
Check out the full conversation between lung cancer experts below.