Editor’s Note: This guide was originally published by The International Waldenstrom’s Macroglobulinemia Foundation (IWMF) here.
By Peter DeNardis, Marcia Klepac, Elena Malunis, and Linda Nelson, 2017. Revised Linda Nelson, 2019.
What are some of the barriers to clinical trial participation? What is a virtual clinical trial? Should my doctor be speaking to me about my clinical trial options? Dana Dornsife, founder of Lazarex Cancer Foundation, speaks to the key barriers in trials and how COVID-19 has really opened the door for a lot of opportunity to engage with patients around clinical trials.
Barriers to Clinical Trial Participation
What is a Virtual Clinical Trial?
COVID and Clinical Trials
Specialty Pharmacy and the Patient Journey with Specialty Medication
In this segment of A Conversation With, Becky Pleat, PharmD, RPh the Associate Director of Medical Managed Care Oncology Specialist at Sanofi discusses specialty pharmacy and the patient journey. Becky answers the following questions:
- What is a specialty drug?
- What is a specialty pharmacy?
- Where can patients find a specialty pharmacy?
- How do patients receive a specialty medication?
- Will a specialty medication be covered by a patient’s health plan?
- What kinds of services and/or resources are offered at specialty pharmacies?