Digital Sherpa™ Workshop
We will be holding our fourth Digital Sherpa Program on Thursday, April 27, 2017 in partnership with Florida Gulf Coast University and Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute.
The Digital Sherpa™ Program consists of a workshop to help cancer patients and caregivers become more tech-savvy. A group of 10 to 20 cancer patients or caregivers who express a desire to become more competent in Internet and social media skills meet with college students who have been specially trained as Internet “Sherpas” to offer them a workshop in these skills. The patients or caregivers bring their own laptop or tablet that they normally use. When registering, patients and caregivers will be asked to fill out a very brief survey about their internet activity and skills so that we can best determine their needs. A Patient Empowerment Network representative will run the workshop, and refreshments will be provided.
The students will offer help in basic skills and may include the following:
- Basic Internet skills
- Basic twitter skills (opening a twitter account, how to tweet, how to build followers, how to add images, whom to follow, privacy protection, hashtags, tweetchats)
- Basic Facebook skills (opening an account, privacy settings, how to post, Facebook etiquette)
- Google searches and how they work
- Patient Communities such as Treatment Diaries, PatientsLikeMe, StupidCancer, HealthUnlocked, Cancer Support Community
- Bookmarking, linking, sharing
- Youtube, OncologyTube, etc.
- FGCU Students: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090548a8a72aa7f58-digital1
- FCS&RI Patients: Please register with the Front Desk.
Start:April 27 @ 1:00 pm
End:April 27 @ 4:30 pm
Fort Myers, FL 33908 United States