Individual Giving Director Application
Patient Empowerment Network (PEN)— a virtually-based non-profit trusted by millions of cancer patients and care partners to achieve improved health literacy, equity, and treatment outcomes at every step of their journey—is seeking a remote-based Individual Giving Director to oversee individual and foundation fundraising operations and initiatives, with the aim of diversifying and increasing revenue streams toward realizing an expanding strategic vision.
Working directly with the Executive Director, Senior Leadership Team, and Board of Directors, the Individual Giving Director will hold responsibility for supporting the organization’s Fundraising Strategic Plan and achieving annual fundraising goals of $2 million+ through a focus on expanding sources of unrestricted funds through individual giving, foundation grants, and corporate sponsorship initiatives. Additionally, this role will refine and oversee fundraising operations including donor stewardship, gift entry, tracking donor interactions, and reporting.
The Responsibilities of the Individual Giving Director Include:
- Collaborate with the Executive Director, Senior Leadership Team, and Board of Directors on a long-term growth plan for fundraising, including strategies, capacity needs, goals, and benchmarks
- Identify and cultivate major gift prospects
- Co-develop and execute annual fundraising plans, including targets, priorities, criteria for evaluating unexpected opportunities and challenges, and communication plans
- Grow Individual Giving Program through engagement of current constituent, fundraising events, supporting volunteers in their peer-to-peer fundraising efforts, and other strategies
- Expand Institutional Giving program through the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of new foundation and corporate donors
- Serve as the primary liaison to the Fundraising Committee comprising board members and other ambassadors for Patient Empowerment Network
- Audit and refine fundraising operations, with a focus on creating protocols for project management, tracking donor interactions, prospect research, and devising reporting mechanisms to the executive team and board of directors
The Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following Qualifications:
- At least three years in fundraising, ideally with a focus on individual donor engagement and virtual events
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships with donors via all channels of communication (virtual, phone, in-person, email, social media)
- Demonstrated success in leading collaborative fundraising, especially with executive teams and a Board of Directors.
- Deep understanding of and proficiency in project management and managing multiple deadlines.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Google Workspace
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or other donor databases
- Experience analyzing data and results
- Able to travel to attend 2-3 annual multi-day conferences to meet with donors, donor prospects, or to represent Patient Empowerment Network in other capacities.
Compensation & Work Environment
The salary for this position is $70,000. As part of Patient Empowerment Network’s (PEN’s) commitment to compensation equity and transparency, we have a no negotiation policy. Salary negotiations can introduce bias and perpetuate wage inequality. Successful staff at PEN have annual opportunities for increases in compensation based on factors including performance, cost of living increases, and/or expansion of responsibilities.
We also offer a benefits package:
- 10 annual paid vacation or personal days;
- Flexible remote work schedule;
- Summer Fridays (half day Fridays, June—August);
- Annual $1,500 professional development stipend;
- $5,000 Health Reimbursement Account for medical expenses;
- (All benefits are pro-rated according to start-date).
Patient Empowerment Network is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in the hiring of our staff and the creation, implementation, and distribution of our programs.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the following form, including the three application questions, and provide your resume using the upload links below. A cover letter or other materials you may wish to share are optional.
Applications will be accepted until the role is filled.