Introducing Our New Facebook Community: Empowered Patient Chat
We are excited to announce that our new Facebook group is now live, and waiting for you to join! This new online community builds on the success of our Empowered Patient Chat (#patientchat) tweetchat and aims to extend the discussion beyond Twitter and engage a larger population of patients and caregivers on Facebook.
Living with a disease or other chronic condition is challenging for patients, their families and friends. The Empowered #patientchat strives to engage and empower patients and caregivers by connecting them with each other, sharing resources and inspiration across conditions, and exploring important topics of interest to those in healthcare who want to elevate the patient voice in all healthcare matters. The community is guided by a belief in keeping the patient perspective at the forefront of all healthcare interactions, the strength of peer support, and the power of shared decision making in healthcare.
Empowered Patient Chat (#patientchat) is a community of patients, caregivers, and healthcare professionals, interested in achieving their best health possible by discussing topics of interest in healthcare from a patient’s perspective.
Topics of interest have included:
- Including Patients and Care Partners: Let’s Talk Healthcare Conferences
- Overcoming Disparity in Clinical Trials
- Are We Missing the Mark with Patient Involvement
- Understanding Medical Research
- How Does Technology Benefit Patients
- How to Include Patients in Design
- What to Do When No One Will Listen
- Caring for the Whole Person
- Self-Care Goals
- Managing Stress of Being a Patient
- and more…